It is no secret that budgets are tight for many people. So if you are looking for a way to make some extra cash, consider selling your unused gift cards. You can get cash for gift cards from various sources, including online marketplaces and gift card buying websites.
This article will discuss how selling your gift cards can help buffer up your budget. And also provide some tips on finding the best buyers for your cards. So read on to learn more!
Quick fact: According to a recent study, nearly $3 billion in gift cards go unused every year.
Selling Unused Gift Cards and Budgeting
Did you know that the number of Americans that live paycheck to paycheck has increased in recent years? In fact, as of this writing, a whopping 7 in every 10 Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck.
This means that most Americans don’t have any money saved up in case of an emergency. And if something unexpected happens, they are forced to borrow money or use credit cards to pay for it. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize that they can sell their gift cards and use the cash to stay afloat when things get tight without having to rely on high-interest loans and credits.
How to Sell Your Unused Gift Cards
You can sell them online through various marketplaces or card exchanges. Or you can try selling them in-person to friends and family members. However, we recommend selling them online, and here’s why:
– It is faster: In-person sales can be slow, especially if you don’t know many people who are interested in buying your cards. And even then, it could take months for them to buy the card from you. But online platforms let you sell gift cards quickly and easily without having to wait a long time for someone to buy them from you.
– You can get a better price online: Most people selling gift cards in-person get charged a decent percentage of the card’s value. But online exchanges offer higher payouts because they have an extensive customer base.
– You can sell cards from any retailer: In-person sales are typically limited to gift cards from local businesses. But online platforms let you sell gift cards from any retailer, both big and small.
That said, don’t forget to do your research and make sure you are selling to a reputable buyer.
How to Find the Best Buyer for Your Gift Cards
Here are tips on how to find the best buyers for your gift cards:
– Check online reviews: Before you sell your card, be sure to check online reviews. This will give you an idea of what kind of experience other people have had when selling to them.
– Look for a reputable company: There are many reputable companies that buy gift cards online. So, do your research and make sure you are selling to a reputable buyer.
– Be aware of scams: Unfortunately, there are also many scammers out there that try to take advantage of people looking to sell gift cards. So, be on the lookout for any suspicious behavior and never give away your personal information.
Sell Your Unused Gift Cards to EJ Gift Cards
If you have unused gift cards, sell them to us. We offer the best rates in the market and pay cash within the shortest time possible.