If you have a Target gift card you don’t want or won’t use, one of the smartest things you can do with it is sell it. While most people assume they’ll need to take to eBay, Craigslist, or an in-person sale to get cash for their gift card, there are dozens of simple ways to sell a Target gift card online.
Here’s everything you need to know about getting rid of your unwanted Target card and getting cash in return.
Selling a Target Gift Card 101
No matter how you acquired your Target gift card – whether it was a gift from a friend or an award or perk at work – learning how to sell it is a great step for anyone who wants to make some extra cash and get rid of the unwanted gift card in the process.
One of the easiest and fastest ways to sell your gift card is to head to an online retailer. Sites like EJ Gift Cards specialize in buying gift cards online, and it’s a fast and simple process. Keep in mind there are dozens of online retailers that will buy your gift card from you. You’ll likely come across various offers and trade-in values at every online card exchange vendor you look into. Just be sure that whichever vendor you choose actually works with Target as a merchant, since some do not.
Now that you understand how to choose an online vendor, here’s a quick rundown of the steps of selling a gift card online:
- Head to the merchant’s home page. Once you’re here, you’ll just need to enter the gift card’s information, including its face value and PIN number.
- Get an offer. Once the vendor has provided you with an offer, you’ll get to decide whether to accept or deny it.
- Wait for your cash. Once you’ve accepted an offer, you’ll have to verify your identity and wait for the cash to hit your PayPal account, which should happen within a few days – although that wait can be longer or shorter depending on the vendor you choose to work with.
Tips for Successful Gift Card Sales
Never sold a gift card before? The process is simpler than you may think. Here are some smart tips for making the process as simple as possible:
- Do your research beforehand. Choosing the right vendor is a great way to ensure your process is simple and straightforward. Do your research beforehand to find a vendor that not only honors your Target gift card but also has a long track record of working well with customers.
- Get organized. When you sell your card, you’ll need to have the card’s face value handy (if you don’t know it, you can check it online through Target’s website). You’ll also need to know your card’s PIN number, as well. Having these things on hand is a great way to get organized and streamline your gift card sale.
- Be realistic with your expectations. When you sell your gift card, you might not get the exact face value in return. This is normal for all gift card sales, and you should go into it being prepared for this. Keep in mind, though, that being realistic with your expectations is the best possible way to keep the process happy and exciting.
- Know what you want to do with the cash. When you sell your gift card successfully, you’ll get some cash in return. Knowing what you want to do with this cash ahead of time is a great way to get the most possible value out of it.
Sell a Target Gift Card for Cash – Instantly
If you’re not going to use your Target gift card, sell it online to get cash instantly. Simple, streamlined, and easy – even for people who have never done it before – selling a Target gift card is a great way to get cash in your pocket quickly. It also allows you to enjoy the immediate payoff of swapping your unwanted gift card out for something more valuable and exciting.
What’s more, the cash you get from your Target gift card is a great tool to put toward your upcoming trip, savings account, or an exciting gift card or present for the people you love the most.
Even if you’ve never sold a gift card before, the whole process is fast and easy, and there’s no cause to be intimidated by it. Just head to EJ Gift Cards and visit our sales page to get started with selling a Target gift card today!